Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance
Get your instant online quotes, compare Trip Cancellation / Interruption and Trip Interruption insurance cost and plans from different Canadian travel insurance providers (Manulife, TuGo, Allianz, GMS, RSA Travel). Choose your best affordable solution from a variety of options and buy insurance ONLINE directly from the insurer.
Trip Cancellation insurance covers the cost of a trip if something unexpectedly happens before your departure date, causing you to cancel your trip. For example, if you or your travel companion get sick or injured before a trip, Trip Cancellation should cover it. This insurance could also cover your trip if a member of your or your travel companion’s immediate family get sick or injured. Trip Cancellation Insurance might also cover non-medical related events including natural disasters or a job loss.
Trip Interruption insurance covers events that happen on or after your departure date to your trip causing you to disrupt or interrupt your trip, or to return earlier or later than your original return date. For example, if one of your flights is delayed, this insurance policy should reimburse your reasonable expenses for accommodation, meals, internet, telephone.
Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance can be purchased as a stand-alone policy or as a part of Non-Medical Package and All-Inclusive plans. Non-medical Package usually includes Trip Cancellation & Interruption insurance, Baggage insurance and AD&D insurance (Flight & Travel Accident insurance). All-Inclusive plan includes Emergency Medical insurance and Non-Medical Package.
What this insurance pays for
TRIP CANCELLATION (before departure)
When your trip is cancelled before your scheduled departure date due to a covered event, the following are payable:
● The non-refundable and non-transferrable portion of pre-paid transportation; pre-paid travel arrangements and cancellation penalties; and
● The difference between double occupancy (or applicable rate) and single occupancy rate when an insured risk prevents your travelling companion from travelling with you.
TRIP INTERRUPTION (after departure)
When your trip is interrupted after your departure due to a covered event, the following are payable:
● The lesser of;
a. one-way transportation to your province of residence; and
b. the fee charged by the common carrier to change your contracted return date;
● Unused, non-refundable travel arrangements (if any) when you must return to your province of residence earlier than the contracted return date and miss part of your trip;
● The additional cost of transportation to rejoin a tour, group or trip if you have not been returned to your province of residence as a result of an insured risk; and
● In the case of death, up to benefit limit for the preparation and transportation of your remains to your province of residence, or for cremation or burial at the place of death.
TRIP DELAY (before or after departure)
When your trip is delayed due to a covered event, the following are payable :
1. The extra expense of one-way transportation to the contracted destination; and
2. The cost of out-of-pocket expenses during longer delays (such as meals, accommodations, telephone calls and taxi fare).
When you purchase Trip Cancellation & Interruption coverage, you'll protect the financial investment you made in your trip should an event like the following arise:
NOTE: The Information above is for illustration purpose only. Actually, a list of covered risks may be different with various insurance policies. All benefits are subject to policy's maximums, exclusions and limitations. Refer to the policy wording for details on the coverage provided, conditions, exclusions and limitations.
Annual Multi-trip Plans
If you are planning two or more trips from your home province during one year, you can consider an annual multi-trip travel insurance plan. Annual Multi-trip All-Inclusive, All-inclusive Non-Medical and Trip Cancellation & Interruption insurance plans are available with various insurance providers.
You’ll be covered for 12 months and can travel for an unlimited number of trips during this period of time. The amount of coverage for Trip Cancellation & Interruption insurance shown on your policy may be aggregated policy limit for all trips during one year or the amount of coverage per trip (depending on the plan).
For more information, free consultation and to purchase a policy please call at
1-877-443-0101, 416-493-0101, or ask your question online
Revised: March 10, 2021