TuGo Traveller Travel Insurance
(underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. and certain Lloyd's Underwriters)
For information about coverage for Coronavirus under this policy, please CLICK HERE
PROMOTIONAL OFFER (Effective May 07, 2020) : TuGo introduces a 15 month multi-trip plan on new and renewal policies for the same premium as a 12 month annual. All Multi-trip plans (medical, trip cancellation, trip interruption) are eligible for this extension.
What coverage will you have?
Emergency Medical Insurance(Single -Trip and Multi-Trip)
You are eligible for coverage if:
4. You are not receiving palliative care or palliative care has not been recommended.
No age limit. Applicants 60 years old and over have to complete the Medical questionnaire to determine rate category for the Worldwide and Worldwide excluding USA plans. For the plan in Canada, no medical questionnaire is required.
Provides coverage for a single trip: Worldwide, Worldwide excluding USA (includes up to 5-day transit coverage in USA), and Canada only. One temporary visit to your home province is permitted during your period of coverage provided the temporary visit is unexpected and beyond your control.
Annual plans: Worldwide and in Canada only. Choose from 2, 5, 10, 15, 35, 60.
For the plan within Canada, you will be covered for 12 months and can take an unlimited number of trips, which start and end in your province of residence, up to the trip duration you have chosen.
For the Worldwide plan, when travel is within Canada but outside your province of residence, coverage is automatically provided beyond the maximum number of days selected at the time of purchase. When travel is outside Canada, coverage is limited to the maximum number of days selected. The trip duration begins on the date you leave Canada and terminates when you return to Canada.
Clients 58 years and under are eligible for the automatic renewal option.
Automatic $300 USD deductible; other deductible options of $500, $1,000, $2,000, $5,000, $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 are available for premium discount. For $0 deductible, 15% surcharge applies. For the Canada plan, all deductibles are in Canadian dollars.
Available up to age 59. Includes children up to age 21; 25 if attending full time school or physically/mentally handicapped.
Sport Participation Coverage
Optional coverage for travelers who participate in, coach, teach, train or practice different sports: Freestyle Skiing, Mountain Biking, Canyoning, Parasailing, Rodeo, Boxing, etc. Please Click here for more information.
Refunds are not available if a claim has been or will be submitted.
Applicable to Multi Trip Annual and Single Trip:
- When the request for refund is received PRIOR to the effective date of the Policy, a full refund is available.
- When no travel has taken place and the request for refund is received AFTER the effective date of the Policy:
a) A full refund is available within 10 days of the application date; or,
b) A refund less an administration fee is available when the request for refund is received more than 10 days of the application date.
Applicable to Single Trip Only: In the case of early return to your home province, partial refunds may be available. All partial refunds will be subject to an administration fee.
If you decide to stay longer, you can extend your period of coverage before your Policy expires,if you have not submitted a claim and have no intent to submit a claim.
Automatic Extensions to Coverage
At the time the period of coverage ends, coverage will be automatically extended at no additional premium :
• For 7 days in the event your common carrier is delayed.
• For the remaining period of your hospital confinement plus 7 days after release from the hospital; or,
• For 7 days if you are unable to travel on your scheduled return date but you are not hospitalized.
Emergency Medical Benefits for Canadian Travelers
Exclusions and Limitations. Travel medical insurance does not cover everything. This insurance has exclusions, conditions and limitations. Please learn them and understand the policy before you buy this insurance.
Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion (for Emergency medical coverage, Worldwide and Worldwide excluding USA Plans): The company will not be liable to provide coverage or services, or to pay claims for expenses incurred directly or indirectly as a result of any pre-existing condition as defined, except as follows:
● Applicable to persons 59 years and under (on the application date)
a) On trips 35 days or less, except for conditions and/or symptoms (other than a minor ailment)
i. That arose or worsened on the date of departure or at any time within the 7 days before the date of departure; or,
ii. For which medical treatment was obtained on the date of departure or at any time within the 7 days before the date of departure; or,
iii. That developed before departure and was undiagnosed at the time of departure.
b) On trips over 35 days, any condition which has remained stable in the 90 days prior to the date of departure.
● Applicable to persons 60 to 74 years (on the application date)
On all trip lengths, pre-existing condition has remained stable in the 180 days prior to the date of departure.
● Applicable to persons 75 years and over (on the application date)
On all trip lengths, pre-existing condition has remained stable in the 365 days prior to the date of departure .
Please click on Pre-existing Medical Condition for more information.
Some other Exclusions
This policy does not pay for expenses incurred directly or indirectly as a result of:
- Conditions or any related conditions for which, prior to departure, testing or investigative consultation took place, was scheduled to take place or was recommended (not including routine check-up or routine monitoring for a medical condition), and for which results had not yet been received at the time of departure. This includes tests that were recommended or scheduled prior to departure, but had not yet taken place at the time of departure.
- Any cancer (other than basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer) for which you received or were recommended to receive cancer treatment in the 3 months prior to the date you leave for your trip. This includes cancer treatment that you were recommended to receive but chose to decline.
- Any condition(s) for which you are registered on a waiting list in Canada for treatment or diagnosis.
- Ongoing care, rehabilitation or check-ups.
Please refer to the policy wording for full list of exclusions (pg. 11-12 , 42-43). If you need assistance, please Contact us.
Non-Medical Package (Single Trip) includes the following benefits:
1) Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance:
prior to departure — Up to the limit of Insurance purchased (Max
amount of coverage is $100,000)
2) Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
3) Baggage Insurance : Sum insured — $500
You can buy this package separately or all together with Emergency Medical Insurance.
Inclusive Holiday Package is available for persons under
59 years and includes the following benefits:
2) Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
3) Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
4) Baggage Insurance: Sum insured — $500
The following benefits can be purchased separately or additionally to Emergency medical insurance :
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption insurance or Trip Interruption only (Single Trip and Multi-Trip Annual)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (Single Trip and Multi-Trip Annual)
- Baggage insurance (Single-Trip: Maximum sum insured — $1,500 per person or $3,000 per family
NOTE: The product-related information is for illustration purpose only. Please refer to thePolicy Wording
for details on the coverage provided, conditions, exclusion and claim procedure.
Emergency Medical Claims Examples
Revised: September 02, 2020